terça-feira, 15 de maio de 2007

Poetry that does not rhyme: Aren’t you pleased yet

You’ve got a beautiful smile.
Generally, I hate when people smile.
It disappoints me.
I like to believe that I’m the source of their happiness.
So I sadly watch them smile when I’m not there.
But your smile, well that’s different.
When you smile the world seems to smile with you.
And when you do it even I fell happy.
Few people make me smile.
Few people make me fell complete.
And you, you do it all the time.
Why?
I’ve got no answers.
But one thing is true.
You hardly know me.
We trade a smile each day, like we were really happy by seeing one another.
And you know that’s not true.
I’m not the source for your happiness.
I won’t lie to you, you give me hope.
Hope for a better life, a better soul.
God knows I try to make you more then a friend.
But it’s just not enough.
And looking at you, again and again, I wonder:
“Aren’t you pleased yet?”
I finally give up.
You’re so beautiful, so simple, and so unique.
My influence on you could destroy you.
And I won’t take that risk.
I won’t.
Not again.

Sem comentários: